hi guys. i have an Mazda mx6 2.5 V6 1996. at first my car just cuts out, no stuttering nothing, dead completely. then its struglles to start when its hot, now my car just dies whilst idleing. everything is happening now. just cutts out, dont want to start when totally cool, cutts out and if im lucky to drop the clutch car goes angain. please help!!!!!!!

Asked by Feb 18, 2012 at 03:37 AM about the 1996 Mazda MX-6

75

It sounds like a sensor issue...g-0? valve sensor or something like that. Get the car's brain diagnosed and it should pinpoint the cause.

I thought that could be one of the probs. Had enough of standing next to the road for 2hours every time. So I orderd a new engin, KL-ZE hopefuly the new engin wil be sorted out with all that. Q- can the airflow sensor make the problems Im having? Cause If I shake the airflow sensor sounds like something is loose.

Same thing on mine and the only problem was a crack in the air intake hose. Replaced that and all was well.

10

Okay guys there a two probabilities. One your rev's are too low.Two your throttle body could be dirty so remove it, wash it in parrafin, and dry it with compressed air. To answer tiny's question that loose sound u hear is the cone. But remember there is a thin hairlike filiment inside of the unit and it is ultra sensitive similar to a light bulb filiment, DO NOT GET ROUGH WITH THAT COMPONENT IT IS VERY COSTLY!