can someone help me with advice on my rx8 engine not starting

10

Asked by Jul 11, 2014 at 02:50 AM about the 2005 Mazda RX-8

hi i am in need of some advice be for i think of an engine rebuild .
I just bought an rx8 as a none runner the bloke i had it from is a car dealer an he
got the car of a friend it came in as a part ex an was offed to him when he picked
the car up he drove it on to his car transporter an it was fine when he came to
taking it off the transporter it would not start he said he tried for two day two start it
with no luck can any one tell me plz if this will start up or will i need a rebuild thanks

112,085

Does not sound like an issue that a rebuild will be needed. Need to find out why it won't start. No fire? No fuel? Air issue? Which is missing? Will it turn over but not start or not turn over at all?

10

no it turns over with no probs and seem's like the compression is fine it just wont fire up

112,085

Oh ok. Then you need to find out if the plugs are firing. And is the fuel pressure correct at engine. This will help narrow down the problem. Also use a code reader to see what if any codes are showing up.

10

thank you i well have a go at them thanks for the help

15

It is probably flooded. Dealer has to unflood and prob change fouled spark plugs. Cost me $500 cause I moved it from one part of yard to another. Must let rotary motor warm 5 minutes at least or it floods the motor, cant start and shut off right away. I learned that the hard way.

845

I believe Sharon has the right idea. The fact that the car did run for a very short time is consistent with the fact that if you don't get the temperature guage into the normal operating temp. then the engine may be flooded, follow the de flooding procedure found in owners manual, or online. Youtube has several videos on this. Very helpful.

10

I have a 2004 Mazda rx8 just bought new batt new starter new plugs wires coils crank sencor and my car still is not firing on none of the coils my anti theft light flashes all the time til I turn the key to on position. SHOULD IT DO THAT ? Either of my two keyless entry remotes work even with new batteries.but anyways I'm not getting fire to my coils at all checked all fuses and all good what could be wrong it seems as if the car is a endless pit of money could anybody please help i would be deeply appreciated for the help

845

The 2004 Rx8 unfortunately has the most number of recalls. Check out this site http://rotarynews.com/node/view/826. Hope this helps. If I were to offer other advice, it would be to see if you have any engine codes, and check them first. Also you may wish to investigate the alarm. The alarm may be disabling the starting system of your vehicle as well???