what happens when diesel gas is put in fuel tank

20

Asked by Sep 04, 2015 at 05:31 PM about the 2006 Mazda MPV

94,215

How much? either way its not good, I would not drive the car at all. The fuel needs to be removed from the tank, Tank cleaned, fuel lines needs to be blown out, flters should be changed, Fuel pump should be cleaned, if not chaged as well...I would change the plugs as well if the car was driven..

Best Answer
61,005

If it's full or close to full you'll have to drain it. Diesel fuel is an oil. If you only have a small amount (less than about 1/4 tank) fill it up with premium gasoline and drive it as you normally would. The concentration of diesel should be little enough that it won't hurt anything. HTH. -Jim

20

What if the vehicle was driven immediately after t he gasoline was inserted , driven till it kloncked out

61,005

Sounds like you'll have to get the entire fuel system cleaned. HTH. -Jim

20

What does this mean ????

61,005

You'll have to have the gas tank drained, removed, and cleaned. The fuel lines blown out with compressed air. Possibly the fuel injectors replaced, along with the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Was this the fault of the filling station? If so, and you can prove it, I'd talk to a lawyer. This could be a large repair bill! HTH. -Jim

20

Well certainly it was not my fault I ran out of gas called AAA for assistance an their service tech was not being a hero he just gave me a nightmare I'm a single mother of 5 and they took it to the tow company in a different county they said they had fixed my vehicle when the vehicle returned this is watching I noticed

20

And this is from I have no clue , so AAA picks the vehicle back up takes it to there approved auto shop I received the vehicle back a new catalyst converter but the area were the oil is leaking from was not fixed ,it was still running lyk crappie

94,215

Hope all is well and your car is running with no issues. ..