What could be the problem

30

Asked by Oct 04, 2018 at 09:54 AM about the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr

The fan  is running non stop my engine don't seem to be
over heating but my hot/cold needle on the dash is stuck
on cold.. What could be happening

64,065

Suspect a bad temperature sensor or relay. Do any dashboard warning lights illuminate? If so, you have codes to guide you. If not, it will take a mechanic to find the culprit.

30

The check engine light came on

21,700

Ed is correct, check out those codes and fix accordingly. But take note, turning on the A/C or Defrost will also activate those fans to run continuously. Also get that temp gauge working so that aluminum engine doesn't have an unnoticed melt down.

30

Thank you guys it was most def the temp sensor .. I just had it fixed and was able to point the mechanic in the direction

30

Ok so guys it started doing it again .. What would be the suggestion this time since I already change the temp sensor?

64,065

If any dashboard warning lights illuminate, you'll have codes to guide you. You said that the sensor replacement fixed this, maybe your mechanic has to go farther than just taking your advice. Or maybe it's actually the relay.

10

just by only reading the question, sounds like a bad sensor. now after reading all answers I would def get those codes checked out and make sure you are going to a reliable mechanic. too many times they have tried to sell me on parts that are not needed.