Water Soaked Carpet

Asked by Mar 11, 2010 at 04:01 PM about the 2006 Kia Spectra

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra which has been kept under a carport since new. Recently i moved and it has say outside for the past month not under cover. I noticed a musty smell and upon investigating I found the carpet on the passenger side front, back and drivers side back soaking wet. I brought it to a KIA dealership in Baton Rouge and they sais it was coming in from the firewall around the blower motor seal. I disagreed and said I needed a second opinon. Another shop took everything out seats, carpet, etc and ran it in a high pressure drive through carwash. Wah Lah, the water was coming in from under the doors right past the door seals which were not even touching the door jams since they had shrunk or stayed compressed. This car is less than four years old and the door seals failed, but yet KIA was going to charge me $900 to tear out the dash and fix a blower seal that was not leaking. The seals have been replaced ,the interior reinstalled, and the timing belt replaced while I had it in the shop. Now its for sale and I will never buy or recommend a KIA vehicle to anyone as long as I live. Thank God I didn't buy this one, as I inherited it from a new relationship. DON"T BUY KOREAN JUNK CARS LIKE A KIA!!

Hmm. I have a 2010 Kia Forte, and after the first snow, discovered a salt ring around the carpet on the passenger side. The dealer couldn't figure out what the problem was. Hopefully these two potential issues you mentioned will find me a fix.

Wow! i have a 2006 also, and have not had any issues with water getting inside except when a dumb co-worker left my window down on the passenger side. I have had no serious issues with mine thus far. I have just turned 45,000 miles and all from me. I bought mine with less than 3 on it, and pulled the plastic off myself. All I can say is atleast you got your money out of it!

I encounter water leak into front passenger compartment.Lost hope in kia car. Will not buy any korean car forever.

Kia spectra problem head light gets blurr, water leak into front passenger Compartment,Dash board deform,etc

I have the same exact problem.. Had 2 mechanics look at it and neither could tell me where the water is coming from.. If you find a solution let me know, I really want to figure this out.

I am having the exact same problem in my Kia Soul. The passenger floor is very very wet every time it rains.

2009 Magentis has the same problem except I can see the water literally pouring on to the floor mat...not a slow seep from the doors. My son was sitting in the front seat and got his shoes soaked. I called the dealer and they said it could be a plugged sunroof drain or the a/c compressor. Not sure what steps to take next.

After pulling out the carpet and removing all trim from the drivers side front and rear doors I found the cause of the leak in my 2006 Kia Spectra SX. This car is parked on the street and sits at a pretty significant slant towards the passenger side. When it rains some of the water gets past the outside door trim and gets trapped in between the inner door trim (attached to bottom of door) and the plastic door sill plate and it literally just pours into the drivers and rear drivers side floor compartments. I removed these trim pieces and hav had no problems with leaks since doing so. Seems to be a design flaw as there is nothing visibly wrong with the door seals or door openings and trim pieces. Hope this helps save others hours of work trying to figure out why they have a bathtub in their Spectra!

At this exact moment my 06 Spectra is sitting at a body shop because of a leak, and they can't find it, but with all the mold on the floor in my car from all the recent rain I'm concerned about the health of my children riding in my car. Maybe I need to call the shop back and suggest they check my doors.

these cars are made with poor quality parts and most of the water problems are coming in from shrunk seals, either doors, trunk, hood, etc. These parts are very cheap and very simple to replace. If you take your car to a dealership, they will charge you a fortune for something that costs under 10 dollars in most instances.

I am having the exact same issue with my 2008 Spectra 5. My drivers-side carpeting is soaked after it rains and as a result causes an odor of mildew until I remove the floor mat and air the car out. There is a ring of "salt" on the carpet around the entire bottom of the floor well, and the lever to open the gas hatch is rusting. Dealership "couldn't find a leak" (or rather didn't want to acknowledge the problem). Lesson learned: will never buy a Kia again- cheap materials, poorly made vehicles.