is it possible to damage the throttle system when replacing an erg valve?

Asked by Jul 12, 2013 at 02:56 PM about the 2006 Kia Amanti

I took car in for check engine light.  was told erg valve needed to be replaced.  when I picked my car up, it wouldn't start and when it was cranked in park, the motor was "revving up" on it's on.  check engine light did not come on.  took car back and was told that I needed to replace the throttle system.  I was just curious whether it possible or not that the throttle motor was damaged in the process of replacing the erg valve.  any help would be greatly appreciated!!

anne marie

1,100

thats crazy, they screwed up something. the "throttle system" could be a dozen different parts. you took the car there to have it fixed, they gave you a price to repair the car, now you have new symptoms...........get your money back. By law you have to give them a chance to make it right but dont give them another penny, good luck

9,875

Do a visual on the wiring in and around the egr valve. They may have bumped another plug or unpluged something to get slack and forgot to hook it back up. Sounds like the idle air control valve or the throttle postion sensor.