my 2005 jaguar x-type sport,is reving but not picking up speed it takes a long time to pick up and some times the engine fault light comes on and i have to pull over to restart the car.someone told me that it is a problem with the turbo,is it?or is it something else?

gavapein
0

Asked by May 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM about the 2005 Jaguar X-TYPE

Ian Stroud
25

Petrol or Diesel? Manual or Auto?. if engine is revving high but car is not accelerating accordingly it is more likely to be a transmission problem.

Raihan Ahmed
1,495

Get your code checked , car might have gone into limp mode, could be bad plugs, causing misfire??

Simon Haim
445

Your transmission sounds like it has given out. Do you rip up the pavement with the car? if so if it is an auto your transmission discs are stuffed. If manual say bye to your clutch. However if you drive it conservatively then Perhaps a link to the transmission has been broken causing lag. For it to be a turbo you would be seeing at least some smoke in your exhaust. If so your turbo seals have started to fail. It is also possible that your turbo gate is opening early for some reason which means it is making no boost. I had this happen on a turbo celica and I can tell you the lag is quite horrible.

gavapein
0

Thanks for your help guys. Its a manual, diesel model. The car is drivable even at long distances. What you guys think is the best course of action for me? Get the fault codes,check transmition,turbo? I just dont whant to be ripped off by a dodgy mecanic,it has appen in the past. Thank you

Raihan Ahmed
1,495

Get the codes First , then procede from there

Simon Haim
445

is there any smoke in your exhaust. Check your exhaust pipes I once had hit a pothole and poked a nice hole in my exhaust manifold. I wish you were near me cause I could easily work this out if the car was in front of me.

Simon Haim
445

also check your turbo when your car is cold. before switching the engine on. There should be a wastegate on your turbo if i'm not wrong. This should look like a pipe attached to a lever. If you find it and can move it then your wastegate spring has had it.

mehmood26
10

i haave jag 2007 x-type petrol automatic my has problem in pick up even full accelator its not going some sometime it look likes my car is not moving it only happens when my car is heated like its ruuning more than 30 min i have changed gear oil gear filter, fuel pump, i have cleaned, fuel injector still problem is there mechaninc saying i have to change the gear shall i change or there is any other problem.

Ryan Kirkpatrick
105

ok well most people are saying transmission but i know as a car expert the it is not it is ur engine pal becuase ur pipes are jamming with oil and gas and it is not properly going through witch means that ur cars gas and oil is not going through properly