My 1993 ford lightning

35

Asked by Oct 30, 2008 at 06:06 PM about the 1993 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

My truck has two gas tanks and it has a switch that you can press to change from the front tank to the rear. Well the switch works when it is on the rear tank it shows the correct amount of gas but when it is on the front tank it shows a quarter of a tank and i just filled it up and i know that it is full. Does anyone know what to do?

670

You could check voltage at the sending unit. If it is good, then you should take out the sending unit and check it for function.

15

My front tank shows up completely empty even when full :P I made a big deal about it but then learned to live with it. Not in the weather conditions to drop the gas tank and check to see if the "gauge" for the gas is stuck or to check up on the sending unit :P

35

yeah now neither of mine work so I figure my problem must be with the guage or switch. But, I've just learned to keep up with my miles and not worry about it.

15

Thats got to blow big time man =/ I don't know about you but about 23 days after I purchased my 93 Red L, I decided to you know...push it a little. I got tempted. I've been tempted earlier before with the truck and had my fun but on the highway one day I noticed after I hit about 105 at full acceleration that my back end was smoking! I was like "Oh Fuck and I just got this thing" As I stopped as soon as I hit my next red light a biker chick told me that I was leaking tranny fluid and I'm like great my luck. The whole truck was soaked in tranny fluid and the shit just poured like water from a drain on the side of a house. Luckily the Lemon Law was still in effect so the guy I bought it from fixed it for me. Come to find out the Transmission's front seal and bearings went. I also chatted with someone who owns a Gen 2 in my city and he had said that the stock tranny's are junk and it had happened to him and his previous Gen 1 a few times. The same exact thing. Im wondering if you ever experienced this problem?

35

I haven't had any problems with my transmission except it shifts a lil hard going into second but besides that it's good.

15

How many miles you got on your truck? I got a bit over 135K

35

haha mine just turned 136k

15

Ha! So were not that far off from each other. Any mods done to yours?

35

It's all stock except for a Pioneer sound system and the cats have been cut out of the exhaust. Yours?

15

I got a Bassani Full Exhaust minus the headers. The cats have been removed and replaced with flex-pipe. I got a Pioneer CD Deck. Polk Audio speakers in the doors and stock in the back. No Subs yet. Toyo Proxy Tires which are near bald. Other than that it's pretty much stock. More to go in with the oncoming year including HID lighting & New Headlamps & Foglamps, Cold Air Intake, & an aftermarket camshaft to give it that plop plop plop sound to the exhaust ^_^ I got mine in May 2008. I just turned 20 in 2009 and got my own place finally so money is very tight and it could be a while before another upgrade gets put in besides regular maintenance.

35

yeah when I wrote that before I forgot to mention I have a K&N cold air intake system and all clear lights

15

Cool! Send some pics I'd like to see how they both look on yours!

35

Yeah I would love to but right after I put my profile picture on here my camera got smashed and I aint got no ways to put pics on here.

15

Damn man that's got to blow. Well keep me posted on your truck ^_^ If you haven't already here's some pics of mine. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=52085&id=601103243&l=8609adf10c

25

GO GET SOME ONE TO CHECK THE FLOATS IN YOUR FRONT TANK THATS WHY ITS NOT GETTIN A GOOD READING

25

DUDE I GOT A 93 RED L TO AND THE TRANY IS SLIPPIN BAD THE DUDE I GOT IT FROM DIDNT KNOW THE TRANY WAS LEAKING AND DROVE IT ANYWAY AND BURNEDD IT UP SO I HAVE TO SAY THEY R JUNK.