I had an overheating battery terminals. I replaced a worn out ignitiong swicth, alternator, battery cables terminals and cleaned all wiring connection I could find but when started engine a burning smell came from the starter. I just fired out. WHY?

Asked by Feb 21, 2017 at 08:33 PM about the 1993 Ford E-150

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer

85,925

You probably need to replace the starter. I suspect an internal fault is causing it to draw way too much power.

Your Answer

Ford E-150 Experts

  • #1
    Tracy Hooks
    Reputation
    530
  • #2
    kbro
    Reputation
    440
  • #3
    tennisshoes
    Reputation
    400
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-150
3,218 Great Deals out of 220,430 listings starting at $1,200
Used Ford E-350
217 listings starting at $4,995
Used Dodge Ram 1500
443 Great Deals out of 11,136 listings starting at $2,000
Used GMC Sierra 1500
1,223 Great Deals out of 64,512 listings starting at $999
Used Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
4 Great Deals out of 114 listings starting at $10,500
Used Ford F-250
447 listings starting at $4,995

Used Cars For Sale

1998 Ford E-150 For Sale
27 listings starting at $3,350
1997 Ford E-150 For Sale
14 listings starting at $3,999

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.