any guru out there that knows above fuel issues on a 95 econoline..

50

Asked by Jun 08, 2013 at 09:49 PM about the 1995 Ford E-150

pump trips off, gas will go in via can but very very slowly. filler tube is clear at least to the rubber connector, ran a wire into the tank and it seems clear as well.  hard line off the rear vent goes along the rail to near the filter where it ends in a T with a line going up to the engine and one to the canister.. nothing leaves the canister but it does have a cap on the 2nd port that may vent since it has an x pattern that plugs into the port same goes for the rubber tube off the rear tank hose is plugged with a x in the cap.

yes, it is a fuel vapor vent valve on the back of the tank that takes on trouble~ here's the thread what caused me to have excess stomach acid...here goes~ http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c3721_ds548269#msg252128

111,185

Damn. This thing has been giving you some serious trouble. I have two ford work trucks doing the same. From everything I have read everything is pointing to the canisters. But from all your other posts it appears you are on top of all of that. Will see what else I can find.

111,185

It appears that your fuel filler hose has a built in vent tube. Have you checked it to be open. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Ford/E- 150_Econoline/Replacement/Fuel_Filler_Neck/1995/RBF671501.html? apwcid=productads&003=27846857&010=apwRBF6715011995foe- ecfufine&gclid=COiPpc_21bcCFWcV7Aod5GQAgA

50

dandyou.. that is my point there is a line coming off the tank that is right next to the filler tube... it is connected with a rubber hose between the tank and the filler tube same as the fuel in line... gas should be able to go down the filler tube and the air should come out the vent tube that does connect to the fill tube near the top under the cap.. no way something go into the vent line.

50

from what i can find both openings on the tank should be just holes that the rubber tube connect to.

111,185

I found several treads on fordtrucks.com that talk of blockages in the filler neck. Their remedy was removing filler necks and inspecting for blockages. Some blockages were found in both tubes coming from filler neck. One had a collapsed filler hose. Have you removed the filler neck assembly and inspected for blockages in hoses and top of tank where they connect?

dandyoun, that piece is all sold out...is not the vapor vent valve an acceptable solution here...do you need part numbers? Dorman- 911-105 canister vent valve..are you with me gents? this is the one what lets the fumes escape...and gets clobbered at the rear (so I've been told)~

111,185

All of the posts I have read had the exact same issues you are having. I will be removing the filler necks of my work trucks to inspect them for blockages.

111,185

Might be judge. From what I am reading lots of ford owners are having similar issues.

50

i called every ford dealer around and not one had heard of not being able to put gas in... the point of the vent from the back is to capture fuel that is in the line when it is running and store the vapor in the canister for the next start... should not prevent gas from being put into the tank as long as air can get out...thus the vent tube that connects to the filler tube.. i could go for perhaps being a roll over ball between the rubber tube and the gas tank that bay have stuck shut since i did not put gas in the tank in 5 years but the anti siphon/roll over balls i have been able to find are connected to the filler tube and not the tank. i guess i need to drop the filler tube again and this time check the vent hose as well.

111,185

I feel that you will find your issue in the filler tube assembly. I have only been looking into this issue for about an hour and have found twenty or more ford owners with this same issue. Either they not telling dealers or dealer is blowing smoke up your back side. lol. One post did state that his issue was in filler assembly itself (vent tube) and had to replace assembly in order to fix. But most of the others found some kind of blockage in one of the hoses or top area of tank. Sure wish I could have been of more help. Let us know what you find.