2003 ram hemi won't start. Red light blinking on display. Started to crank for a 1/2 second and then nothing. Power locks don't even seem to be working right. Battery has full charge. I'm thinkin fuse

30

Asked by May 16, 2010 at 01:57 PM about the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500

30

figured out my own problem. Same thing was happening with my Dodge Grand Caravan. Lights and all electronics going crazy. Spent a lot of money at the dealer changing relays and more. Came down to a bad battery. Not like the older models that will run okay once they are jumped. A bad battery will cause fluxuation in the electronics system and the car wigs out. Changed the battery and presto, all is well in my world again. Don't waste money at the dealer on these new Dodges. Get the battery tested!!! Always start with the simple stuff!!!

35

check any ground straps for rust or snapped off or check the main fuses

40

I had similar problem with 2003 dodge 1/2 ton with 4.7 engine. I turned key to start it up and not a sound. A red light was blinking in the instrument cluster that I had never seen before, the vehicle manual said the red light (#14) was a security system alert. Funny, but I have no security system. Then the other instument cluster lights light the odometer and the gauges started working intermittingly. I replaced the battery the next morning and all is fixed. Autozone employee said old battery tested at 100 crank amps and was rated at 600. I checked old battery with a multimeter and had 12.5 volts, but battery was bad. A voltage reading taken on a unloaded battery can be misleading.

80

2005 dodge ram 1500 i have a problem does not start I have the check engine light flashing and alarm light flashing

30

I have the same problem red light blinks and the check engine light blinks on dodge ram slt 2006 and it won't turn on

210

Has anyone figure this issue out? I'm having same deal :(

I was having the same problem. Had the battery tested and it came back fine. So I had the alternator tested and the alternator was overcharging the battery and came back that the alternator was bad. I replaced that and literally 2 weeks later it happened again. Now after I replaced the alternator my tranny went so the truck didn't run for almost that whole 2 weeks before it went out. There's got to be something else

20

This works in chevy...for sure....ive done it my self. Unhook both negative and positive post from battery.... Pull away from the battery so you dont accidently touch it. Take your positive wire and your negative(again nothing hooked to battery!!) Hold them together for 10 seconds...then hook the battery back up..get in you vehicles..turn ignition on wait 5 seconds.....after that it should start....if you have 2 batteries unkook both...do this on both batteries...starting with passenger side.. Again when doing this the battery is not hooked up..until after you do the 10 second process. Hope this helps. Sometimes you will still have the security light(little red one) on stereo blink ..if you do...have it looked at. But this process should get your car started and get you there.

I ended up getting a new battery even though the charge said it was full. That new battery fixed the issue. It fired right up and haven't had any problems since

I have a Dodge 2005 1500 crew cab. I had this problem on going for quite a few months. I got a new battery and then a couple weeks later it happened it again. I pop the hood and touch the negative terminal and then open my truck door and all the lights come back on. I can start my truck and run it for the next couple of weeks or so until it happens again. I'm worried that one time I try it and it doesn't work.

40

Look at your electronic ignition switch on the left side of your steering wheel -the black box under the plastic shell, a$35 part... Totally resolved my two week trouble shooting nightmare... A new battery is just quick fix...

I went to start my truck and it had no power what so ever. I realized I left the ignition in ACC. So both batteries were dead. I charged both batteries and still no power. I read someone's comment about touching the negative terminal so I went and tried that. As soon as I did the lights came on and it started right up. Very weird. Maybe the cable is loose?

Have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 mega cab and there is a red light that comes on and I have to shut truck off then hope it comes back on, what could that be???

210

These trucks are bad about the wires breaking in two under the fuse box under the hood. Don't know why but they do. I would check there.

210

The wires the lead into the fuse box. Gotta pop up the fuse box.