I have a 98 town and country it ran fine till one morning it wouldnt do anything still has power brandnew battery lights radio horn power windows and locks all work but the engine wont even turn over doesnt even make a clicking sound any ideas

10

Asked by Jul 15, 2013 at 09:54 PM about the 1998 Chrysler Town & Country

...yes, get a NEW battery. (if your old one is a dud) clean the connection of the 1/0 battery cable to the chassis/ground/fender on your car...also the 1/0 cable to the engine...this has to pull 300 Cold Cranking Amps...also the red terminal free of corrosion (use a rag..wirebrush...keep it out of your eyes...a hose is recommended)~

10

Battety is brand new connections have already been cleaned any other ideas got plenty of power just wont turn over

18,525

try security problems,work keys in doors , check if sec. light is on when trying to crank start! if no call dodge tech. at local shop and ask if failed alternator would cause a no crank over on this model even if battery is strong charge! also im assuming you got the same key as always.

bench test the startermotor at NAPA....for free!~ if it is BAD, there is your problem...else the problem is getting the 300 cold cranking amps to the motor thru the 1/0 connection near the alternator or the red cable going to the solenoid~

good point 7jimmy7 insure that the solenoid gets 12 volts when the key is turned~