little if no heat in chysler towm and country

Asked by Feb 02, 2014 at 10:15 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country

the van has no leaks and all fluids are fine the hoses are hot and after a wile little if any heat comes thru the vents they blow fine and the van drives well could it be the thermostat ?

120,945

Feel the hoses going to the heater core. Are both hot? If so then you have a blend door actuator motor issue. Is one hot and the other one cold or Luke warm? If so then you have a stopped up heater core. Is neither one hot or only Luke warm? Then it's a cooling system issue. Possible bad thermostat, low coolant or failing water pump. Hope this helps

60

Is there an objective way to measure the temperature of the heating system in the cabin . My old 2001 Caravan made more "intense " heat than my 2012 Town and country. The T&C has the type of heat control where you set a number value al the way up to high for both driver and passenger.

130

If your low on or leaking radiator fluid check for a drip by the intake outtake lines at the firewall. There is a heater control valve that is notorious for falling apart. It only cost $12 and takes 5 minutes to replace. I noticed the tell tale drip during inspection and as I was removing the lines the heater control valve broke in half as I was removing.

10

Other than Chrysler thinking that Central Heat/Air control Panel was a great idea, it's not. Car's need to warm up, before the heat will work correctly. And anyone that think's it's a great idea to jump in your New Car 2000 to Present, start it and go.. Yeah your the people that Mechanic's LOVE to see. Cause most of you barely, can take care of yourself, than a Car, the 2nd most expense in your lives. A house being Number 1. And not knowing the basic's of how they work.. Then your nice car will be in the Junk Yard allot quicker than any Pre-2000 Car.

20

Have no clue how to fix guess it's up to my m4cha mechanic.i figured out it might be a thermostat But again thought it was heator core thanks for the information

40

I just turned the requested temp to 80 and heat kicked in. Did not at 70, only cool air. Internal temp is 58 right now.

220

I have a 2,05 town and country and just put a new thermostat. In when we took the old one out it was all rusted. And there is still no heat. In my van. So. Please help and can you tell me what is wrong and thank you

20

Omg I'm so cold I have no heat at all in my van. Jesus help us

10

I have a 03 town and country with a 3.8 drove it 30 miles no heat , heat gauge didn't move ,checked radiator took off cap , wasn't hot the moter wasnt running that hot either