Frustrated with my van!

20

Asked by Dec 29, 2013 at 06:17 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country

I have a lot of problems with my 02 Town and Country.  I knew there were problems going into it, but I am really thinking about burning it right about now!  At first, there was just a problem with the blower.  The front blower will not work.  You can feel a little air coming out(heat and a/c).  Kinda feels like its just residual making its way out.  Not even close to the amount you would get on the lowest setting.  The rear blower does work, though.  We could live with that as we don't really use the van all that much.  Secondly the wipers were sketchy.  They would turn on and off independently.  I replaced the fuse and that seemed to correct the problem.  Finally the battery died.  I had the battery checked and was told (falsely I believe) that the battery was bad.  I replaced it and two weeks later it was dead again.  I got the battery charged and replace the alternator.  It lasted just about a month this time before the battery was drained.  Could this be a problem caused by the blower or wipers?  Any help is appreciated.

118,985

A loose negative battery connection to the frame or motor could cause these issues. Tighten and clean these connections if you haven't yet.

118,985

The heater problem is either going to be a stopped up cabin air filter or a mode/blend door actuator problem. I would replace the cabin air filter first.

20

dandyoun, Thank you for your input. I will be checking these out tomorrow, weather permitting. Rich

118,985

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL-qmrBtjS4 --- check out this video it shows how to change your cabin air filter. Yours appears to be real easy to replace.

20

I will check that out! Im sure that it needs replaced. I couldn't tell you the last time that I checked that. One of those things that you just forget about. I am wondering though (and you might know) why if this is the problem, would air be getting to the back of the van. Seems like it would only get to the front and not the back. Rich

118,985

From what I am reading I believe your have a separate heater core and blower assembly for the back of the van. I am not sure but that would explain why it could blow in the back with a stopped up cabin air filter

20

Ok. That could make some sense. Either way, thank you for your help. I will be checking them out.

20

Well, I checked out a few things today. I changed the air filter; which did need it. but was not the cause of my air flow problem. As for the battery, I didn't see any loose or corroded connections. I did hook the battery up and checked with my meter. It didn't show any excessive current draws. Does anybody have any ideas? Maybe the alternator that I got was bad?

1,015

grounds grounds grounds everywhere check as many as u can find dont think there is a cabin filter in 2002 i heard about the fan... dont know but here goes.... remove the bottom motor cover ... clean dirt and debri from lower bearing ... oil lightly , ie no puddles ..replace cover ..... hope that works for you