91BUICK REGAL RADIO PROBLEM

Asked by Mar 19, 2012 at 02:36 PM about the 1991 Buick Regal

MY 91 BUICK REGAL HAS A   LOC  DISPLAY IN THE RADIO  WINDOW INSTEAD OF THE TIME OR STATION
THE RADIO WILL NOT TURN ON OR OFF

8,365

your antitheft mechanism locked the radio because power was taken away(dead battery, power interruption, etc.)- it takes a code to clear it- if you don't have access to the code, your local dealer can unlock it so you can use it. try 1111 first just in case they did an easy one. you need to push and hold the number 1 and 4 preset buttons first for about 3-5 sec., then enter the code.

The previous info is not very clear but correct about going to the dealer, This could have happened due to power loss of any kind, like changing the battery. Try this, the LOC should show when the ignition is on. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display. Press MIN again to make the the last two digits agree with a code, like the guy suggested a code of 1111 or maybe 1234, people are not really that cleaver with a anti theft code. So after you get the last two digits of a code to show as explained in step two Press HRS to make the first one or two digits agree with a code, by the way it can be a 3 or 4 digit code. So after you have done these steps to get a code in there then Press AM-FM agter you have confirmed the code matches the secret code. If the display shows SEC the code is correct and your radio will now work and leave it disabled so it won't happen again, oh wait I didn't tell you how to activate it. Here is the bad part, if you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will appear on the display and you will have to wait an hour with ignition on before you can try it again.