I have a 1988 Park Ave Ultra with a Supercharger. Idler pulleys froze up and tore up. I replaced the pully.

Asked by Oct 19, 2016 at 02:31 PM about the 1991 Buick Park Avenue

Car has been sitting in my yard for almost 2 years.  Charged the battery up and it cranks right up.  I purchased both serpentine belts, the pulley, and a T50 torex to remove the pulley.  I have never done anything like this before and I need my car.  Can't afford to have it towed and repaired.  The supercharge belt is broken but I cannot get one last piece out.  The large belt is in tact but damaged and loose.  Both the large belt and the piece of belt are under a metal support of some kind.  I can get to the 2 bolts on top and loosen them up.  I can get to the outside bolt on the engine block.  Can't get to the bolt on the other side in the block.  What do I do?  I am afraid if I take this support loose I will not be able to get it back on the block and other support side.  Please help.  Pics would be nice.  Had to pick 1991 year because site doesn't go back to 1988.

Car is a 1998 model, not 1988. Guess it was another senior moment.

1,850

When you said pictures would be nice......we feel the same here, how about attaching a photo of the problem area.

Here are the pics

another

This clearly displays all 3 bolts that can be seen on this mount

Believe there is a 4th bolt on the left side but I cannot see or access it.

BTW, we purchased this car used around 2004 or 05. We have had to replace the supercharge twice.

1,850

By now you know you must have oil in the front housing of the super-charger or the bearing will fail...see picture. My 3800 is not the supercharged version ...on mine the bracket/brace has a bolt at the bottom and the top is bolted to the block, remove the fastner on both ends the bracket comes off so you can change belts then reinstall.

Thank you, will remove the bracket/brace/motor mount and see what happens.