so i have a buick riviera 92 and it seems to have a minnd of its own.what do you think might be a problom?

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 11:26 AM about the 1992 Buick Riviera

it starts up some days and runs like a champ..then the other das.it will crank but doesnt
start..and if it does,it dies in drive..even dies in reverse.if i go over speed bumps.it dies..i
couldnt even get it up to 40 yesterday as it died on the return trip home while in
motion..what do i do?.would it be the "brain" or the sensor chip in the
transmission?..also.does anyone know a place that does free diagnostics?

1,155

Appears if you may be experiencing two problems....First the cranking problem appears to be a crank sensor...have someone with a meter to check. The other problem of the vehicle running for a period and shutting off seems to be a problem with the ignition switch. I was able to determine my problem by tapping the steering column when the vehicle was running and found out that by during so the vehicle would shut down. To replace the ignition switch is to remove the outer cover from the steering column and locate a set of wiring (left side of column) that attached next to the firewall. Replace that and it should solve that problem. I got my replacement wires and a savage yard. SEMPER FI Good luck>>>>