Starter

Asked by Mar 11, 2010 at 04:26 PM about the 1992 Buick Riviera

Where is the starter located?

7,395

on the side of the engine that is closest to the radiator. it is cramped to get at. i have small hands so i was able to work hookup from the top using a half sized socket wrench & mirror.

5

a I have said before , from reading ur articles, my auto is a 1989 reatta, that i bought with out it running, but only paid $600.00, body and inter. is in great shape, I bought new ignition lock, new battery, not in yet, but today I hooked up my jumper to new side mount cables, and the light went down, I was able to get into trunk, and the screen lite up saying I was low on fuel, when I went back to dicconnect I kept hearing a noise for no other aruu, aruu, comeing from lower end near radiator, the car is going into vacational school to put ignition in ,I was going to try it myself, but I figure when there they can check brakes and everything else , the car was last reg 2010, so I tried to give you some background, the question is if the starter needs to be replace, should I get one from reatta store or can they just use a GM starter? sorry for going on so, but I was excited today, buying a car not running. Thanks Jason , my email is bghere@comcast.net

7,395

use a GM starter for a 19889 3800 engine. find a gm parts shop and they should have one for your reatta. 3800 v-6 is a very widely used engine for GM full sized FWD cars.

7,395

this is where the starter is at and hidden behind the exhaust pipes.