What will cause only one of the three ignition coils to have no spark without effecting the other two coils

Asked by Feb 19, 2013 at 06:08 PM about the 1992 Buick Century

I've changed the ignition coil and tested the control module there
dosent seem to be any thing wrong with the wireing as far as
physical damage . The car runs on the 4 cylinders with spark but I
can't get spark to the remaining 2 plugs which are on the same
ignition coil

double check and re-affirm you connections. test if necessary...I'll get the proper amount of ohmage expected...something tells me 250 mOHMS, but will come back with the right answer if someone doesn't get here first. You could just check it with a resistance, one at a time to see if this boy is the oddball, otherwise double check your connections.

thanks for answering ive tested the coil and the control module and they both are showing resistance and cleaned the connection points where the coil connects to the control module and the plug to the module and still no spark is there another sensor that could be causing only one coil to have a problem

Best Answer Mark helpful

in case you were really wondering what gives that link will do tell-

Which engine is it? Also is the check engine light on? I believe the 3.1 and 3.4 had multiple crank sensors and if one is partially bad then it's a possibility.

sorry its the 3.3l v6 1992

1 of 3 sections can fizzle and not affect the other,the duel crank unit at front damper does a switching on off type thing and if dead will kill all 3 as far as i know ,yet you changed coil you say, was it used,? if so get another one try it

Instead of spending anything at all just swap them. If it follows its the coil if it stays then its whatever is controlling it

I wasn't referring to the dampener crank sensor, I was referring to the the one that they stuck in the block on the smaller v6 engines. I believe they were on most early 90s that had anything smaller than a 3.8.

your right john,could try it

idk..i do drugs

I have a 1999 Buick Century and I'm not receiving fire to any of the coil packs I'm saying the cam sensor crank sensor try new coil packs and still no fire

Hey I have a 92 buick century no fire on the coil I replacement a new crack sensor New temperature sensor and new ignition board still no fire could they me what going on