Asked by Jun 04, 2017 at 09:39 AM about the 1995 Buick Roadmaster

95 roadmaster limited...the code said egr so I
replaced it still won't stay runs but shuts off or spits real bad

Sounds like the EGR valve is opening at idle. It shouldn't. Remove the vacuum hose at the EGR valve and start the engine. It'll probably run fine. Now check for vacuum at the hose with the engine at idle. If you have vacuum, either the EGR solenoid is stuck open or the vacuum hose is misrouted and connected directly to intake manifold vacuum. HTH. -Jim

thanks...I unhooked the vacuum hose... I switched the vacuum hoses it did it won't start...I changed the egr valve earlier and I just chabged my fuel filter thought that was a option....

You're welcome. Glad to help. With the vacuum hose off the EGR valve should be closed. Especially if it's brand new. If it's still not running correctly at idle with the vacuum hose off something else is going on. Did you replace the EGR valve gasket when you installed the new EGR valve? HTH. -Jim

I'm a go buy a new switch hopefully that fixes it

Yes I changed the egr valve and the egr soloneid switch for it....still haven't done it won't start at all....I just checked schrader valve to see if it had pressure in the line and it does.....and it does....I just don't know now

Do you have spark? Try spraying some starting fluid down the throttle body. It should run a few seconds on that. If so, it's a fuel problem. If not check for spark. If you have spark and fuel you need to run a compression test. You can also try holding the accelerator to the floor while cranking. This puts the computer in clear flood mode. If it's just flooded it should start. HTH. -Jim