my 1995 riviera passenger window wont go back up

10

Asked by Feb 13, 2013 at 08:18 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera

The passenger window went down, now it won't go back up!! I tried both window switches(on passenger and driver side)!! Help...it's supposed to snow soon and get cold again!! Is there a way to manually get it back up...

222,925

Manually? Not without taking the inner door panel trim off. I'd say your window regulator is broken, or the electric motor/linkage failed. Only way to know is to take the door panel off. If you don't feel like attempting it yourself, have your local mechanic take care of it.

10

Thanks for input....went to local mechanic this morning. He took off the door panel, got the window back up and disconnected the motor for the time being. He's thinking its the motor

1,165

The mechanic should be able to determine if in fact its the motor. To postively determine the problem..take an auto battery ..connect wires from the battery posts directly to the motor (where the connectors are on window motor..if the window motor works then you have a problem in the wiring. If its the motor and its hasnt been replaced before..drill out the rivets to remove the window motor..and secure the replacement motor with bolts and washers..Be sure and utilize lock washers. Good luck >>>Semper FI

When the glass falls down in the door, it usually means the operator motor has goone bad. You must replace it. Not a tough job if you are even a little mechanical. You are talking about 100 $ with the old core, which they may not take any more, remove the door panel in the car and expose the operator. When you get this far, you will know if you want to proceed.You may find help with video on youtube.