1995 LeSabre Custom Engine Coolant Leak

25

Asked by Oct 07, 2009 at 09:30 AM about the 1995 Buick LeSabre

Engine coolant resevoir is going empty every couple of days.  Opened the radiator and found oil; there was no coolant when I opened the oil cap however.  Car is not overheating, misfiring, or blowing white smoke out of the tail pipe.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this a blown head gasket?  I just tried putting Stop Leak in the radiator, and haven't seen any results yet.

5

yes blown head gasket. the stop leak will not work. stop driving this car if you dont it wont last long

25

After putting in the Stop Leak the engine coolant reservoir has not dropped an inch. I think the leak is fixed.

5

could be bad intake gasket too couldnt it? you guys would know better than I would. its not just those though...... 3.1's 3.4's 3.8's and 5.7's all have the same issues with head gaskets and intake gaskets.

25

Sorry I forgot to post; I'm pretty sure it's the heater core because coolant is leaking in the car under the dash. I just haven't gotten around to fixing it because I got a new car :)

95

hi i had this problem too it ended up being the intake.its plastic and it starts to break down over time i replaced this in my garage in a day and basic tools and have not had a problem since. it cost around 100 for the parts.