Should i buy an oil sensor or oil pump

130

Asked by Nov 07, 2015 at 06:08 PM about the 1996 Buick Roadmaster

I do not have much money so where can I start

74,645

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to determine if you need a oil pump. If the motor is not knocking or ticking, chances are you do not need a oil pump. Why do you want to do this???

Best Answer Mark helpful
130

I'am not sure why all of the sudden the il light is coming on.

74,645

I am not sure on your year car, but possibly you had the oil changed? The oil light would have to be reset. I suggest having the pcm checked for any codes, this would tell you if it is just an oil light reset, or something else. If worried about oil pressure, have it checked by a mechanical gauge. Oil pumps usually will last the life of the motor. Knocking or ticking is an indication of a motor getting worn out due to not having the oil changed regularly.

74,645

Check the oil level to make sure it is full...

130

oil level is full

130

it is not the change oil light

130

Can I replace the oil sensor if it is located next to oil filter. beside my 6 back surgery I have blood clots in my legs & lungs so if I remove oil filter is the sensor next to oil filter.

74,645

So ok, I am not for sure where that oil sensor is, may be down by the oil filter, may be in the back of the engine, behind the intake manifold. So the motor is not making any nose? I would scan it for codes as some may turn on the light also.

10

Oil is full. Once car get hot oil light flashes and oil Gage goes down like there's no oil

74,645

So is there anyone to help you?

74,645

Hello...I am here...

74,645

I am trying to help you. Getting no response, so here what I got. Yes start by changing the oil sender unit located down by the oil filter, It will have wire plugin on it. But also this is where you would check to see what your oil pressure is. A oil pressure gauge would screw into the oil sender hole, then run the car to see what the pressure is. If you don't have a pressure gauge to check, just try replacing the oil sending unit.

This is an issue with the Roadmaster. The owner's manual even mentions that the oil light will come on, when you are idling, and that it is not necessarily a problem. Have a mechanic check with a pressure gauge.