i have a 1997 Buick Lesabre and i need to know if there is a way to bypass or reset the security code or system so it will start

Asked by Mar 28, 2012 at 02:34 AM about the 1997 Buick LeSabre

i was having trouble with my car so my friend looked at it ..He took all the fuses out and went home I
put the fuses back in the right paces but my car will still not start and i have a alarm on my car where i
just push the buttun to lock and unlock my car.someone told me that i might be able to bypass or reset
the passcode on it so it will stasrt

825

This is just a guess, but if its the anti-theft that is from the dealer, the dealership will need to reset it. Its a feature GM implemented when car radio theifs were all the rage. It is not bypassable. The radio has acode lock that causes the car not to start. You could call the dealership, and ask the number for the control center that has codes on file. Have your registration ready, they'll need the VIN code.

10

Gordon has the right idea as far as the correct way to fix the problem but he's wrong about it being "Not Bypassable". Under the steering column there are two white wires in an orange sheath that come from the key tumbler. The two white wires go into a blue connector. If you have an ohms meter you first check the ohms resistance on the key. There is a resistor in the key usually about half way down, you can't miss it. Test each side of the resistor on each side of the key. I'm no mechanic and it was easy to do. Once you have the ohms resistance you can match that resistance with some resistors from Radio Shack. Put them in series to match the ohms. You should solder them. You then jump the two white wires going into the blue connector under the steering column. If you have it right the car will start right up and stay running. And you can always later do it the recommended way when the money becomes available. Best if you watch the procedure on YouTube. I found many videos that show you exactly how to do it....