my 1998 riviera alarm all the sudden went off I tried the alarm button and cranking the car but finally had to unhook battery soon as I re hook it goes off agin any ideas

Asked by Aug 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM about the 1998 Buick Riviera

look at the fuse panel and remove the "alarm system" fuse~

Look in the owner's manual to see how it's supposed to work~

1,285

I ask is it the alarm or a continuous horn that's blowing? If it's the horn continuously blowing then I suggest that you look beneath the hood passenger side near the headlight for the fuse box and remove the horn fuse 20amp. Replace the fuse and if the horn starts blowing again then your problem is with the horn pad/airbag. There are two possible corrections. One is to replace the whole assembly airbag (Savage Yard) and the other solution is the clock spring that's beneath the airbag assembly connected to the steering column. I suggest to start by checking the air bag assembly first. There are two main wires attached to the airbag ...using a digital multimeter ... setting 12 volts connect the wires ..if there is a connection w/o a break then change the entire assembly. However if there is a break in the current then its a keeper. Good Luck.. SEMPER FI

yes...well if its a stuck horn relay, you could get a replacement~

1,285

MMOORRGGAANN with regards to the answer about the horn relay ..please keep us informed. I honestly have not had the relay to work in my cases. Maybe there is something I missed... I would greatly appreciate your response.

1,285

I feel it would be helpful that if a poster finds a solution to a problem that they post what that solution was. Often I have noticed that when suggestions are made there is NO post if the suggestion(s) worked. Again it would be helpful because sometimes some of us are still seeking solutions. THANKS>>>>

Every since I change the door to my Buick Riviera it doesn't want to crank

This worked to get the horn off and be able to drive the car again today - "If it's the horn continuously blowing then I suggest that you look beneath the hood passenger side near the headlight for the fuse box and remove the horn fuse 20amp."