how to replace heat /ac climate controll unit

Asked by Nov 23, 2013 at 02:47 PM about the 2000 Buick Regal

heater blower wont blow

Usually the blower motor is located under the glovebox on the passenger side. Give it a couple of raps with a hammer. If it comes back on, it means the brushes are bad in the motor. Time to replace it.

I know that's not the same group of years they used yours, but aside from the inconvenient bracket to remove, who knows what joys of delight will occur as a result of this...looked like he was giving birth, just to get it out of there~

still maintain that the control panel needs to be replaced~

seen it more than twice~

Only the high speed was working on my 2000 buick regal blower motor. So I changed the resistor block, nothing. Next I changed the climate control and again nothing. No more parts changing, time to take a really close look. About the same time my cruise went out and my rear window defogger was intermittent. So I checked the wiring diagram (Luckily I picked up a repair manual CD on ebay years ago) and noticed the fuses for all 3 were feed by the same wire from the ignition switch and was only on in the run position. The fuses are next to each other so I took out the cruise fuse and measured voltage on its hot side. It was about 11 but dropped to 0 when I turned on any blower motor speed except high. I picked up a fused jumper wire, took out the 2A radio fuse and the 10A cruise fuse and jumped the hot side of the radio fuse to the hot side of the cruise fuse to feed power to the low speed blower motor and the rear window defogger and everything worked. I checked the cruise by putting that fuse back in taking out the fuse next to it to jump power there, took a ride and now the cruise also worked. Not wanting to change the ignition switch, I picked up some mini fuse taps so I could put in a jumper wire from the hot sides of the 2A radio fuse to the 20A low blower fuse and now everything works, except the blower, cruise and a/c now get power when the ignition switch is also in the acccessory position and after the car is turned off until the driver door is opened but I can turn them off and don't sit in the car with those on anyway. I think the windshield washer power was also included with that problem but no problems now. So if you tried everything else, check the voltage at the cruise fuse when you turn the blower on and good luck. Or better yet, check the voltage before you change any parts.

2002 buick regal, replaced climate control unit, still nothing. tech said in might be body control module. anyone know anything about it? how do I find out which module is the right one?