my key is worn out and dont wanna unlock mpost time can i remove the lock ignition

Asked by Sep 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM about the 2001 Buick Park Avenue

is this an older lock or does it have a transponder? You can have a new key made with you vin at the dealership.

78,225

If you replace the key and tumblers, the security system will have to be reprogrammed to reconise the new parts. if it is only the key that is worn then the best place is the dealer as they can cut, recode and make sure it is all functioning properly.

670

This is an answer for a cheap fix... (1) have a new key made, that may be somewhat of a problem when the old one is badly worn...they copy your present key when making a new one.... then you hold the old key next to the new one when you put it in the lock and that may work...if it does, tape the old key next to the lock and then you can use the new key....you may want to squirt some WD-40 in the lock for a little lube. (2) little more expensive...go to the dealer, and get them to make a new key by getting the code from your VIN number, that way you get a fresh/sharp new key and because it is a transponder key, it will cost more from the dealer.