How do you fix the temperature control for the heat/according?

Asked by Jan 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM about the 2002 Buick Regal

The digital control does not go past 32°...how can I fix this problem?

another one for llregal......Girl1121 I wish I could help, as soon as this guy gets around he will know

Well thank you kindly Mr. Dave. I need to know a little more info though. I feel safe to assume that you have already attempted to raise the temperature by pressing the red end of the rocker switch on the climate control module to raise the cab temperature? And if I understand you correctly it stops at 32?? But goes no higher like say 85? Well considering the time of year it is, that's messed up as that is freezing. But also does, even though it doesn't read a higher temperature setting does it actually get warm or stop will the temperature being 32 in the cab? These digital displays are a mess and almost impossible to repair. They make it so you have to buy a knew one, planned obsolescence. And on last thing how long have you had the car and are you really familiar with the climate control unit. Even knowing what I know about anything mostly GM these climate control modules are confusing and can mess you up easily, like thinking you turned on the heat and you have actually started the air conditioner. Not really user friendly in my stupid opinion as I have had to pull over get out my classes and look hard at the stupid thing to see what exactly is what ever. I ask how familiar you are with the climate control because I will send you a diagram of the climate control and things to try. Do you have the owners manual as if you don't I could send one of those which has everything about operating the car instead of just the diagram. Bottom line though is that the digital reading doesn't get stuck. so it has to be operator error or completely bad module. Sorry this is a tough question to throw out a quick answer that won't do you any good. Main thing though, is the car warm?? But just doesn't say what temp you have it set at?? Well, I just spent a ton of time looking at what it might be and wow, screwed up. It could be a number of things, the best thing is that your just not operating it correctly. There a many sensors and from this side I wouldn't be able to help as it takes hands on to fix. So let me know on some of the other questions and if your not familiar with the operation I can send you stuff that will tell you how to operate the climate control module, it's messed up, i know that.

Told you he would know....

You wise guy Mister, one of the many things I don't like about this site is when someone asks a question and doesn't respond back, like if that was right or wrong even. I don't generally just throw out an answer without looking through my stuff which is a bunch and try and find an answer that is exact. As you if anyone knows Dave I am not half ass, LOL. So, that is time consuming and I guess many think that a thank you or f-off isn't necessary, well I got one thank you since answering some of these question as I do like to be helpful and taking a car to the shop is expensive and a thank you makes it worthwhile, at least for me..

By the way in my initial reply to the question, I made mention of a completely bad climate control module. That is not actually correct, BUT being that there are at a quick count 30+ sensors in just that unit, it would almost be easier to just replace the whole darn thing. I also want to say to Girl1121, that I am NOT talking down to you like you are dumb. But I also said that I have had to pull over and get my glasses on just to figure out what I was doing to the air conditioner one time and I meant it when I said that this heating and air conditioner module is one of the most confusing I have ever experienced because if yours has rear climate as well, there a numerous ways of messing it up. So that's why I asked some of the seemingly degrading questions I did. But it just has to be asked. Hopefully it is something really simple because like I also said that display of, and that's if I'm understanding the question, the temperature is only a setting for how high or how low you want the temp. That's all it does, so it's not a complicated thing such as the sensor for what the temp is outside for instance.

Hello...Thank you for researching the info because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had changed all the parts under the hood that dealt with the heating/ac. I was gonna just replace the entire unit since that was the only thing that wasn't done. So I totally understand where you were coming from in terms of trouble shooting the problem. I located the part on ebay as well as pull a part. Thanks Again. #A girl who attempts to fix her own car.

Your welcome and I admire your do it yourself style, I thought I'd give you a link that will be helpful but I am going to send through to private message as it's one of my top secret stuff,, LOL

20

i got cold air and my climate will only go down to 32 degrees., how do i get heat?