I have a 2002 buick lesabre and the drivers window stopped working. driver door module clicks when using switch but there is no power going to regulator motor

95

Asked by Mar 24, 2013 at 07:16 AM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre

If there is no power to motor, start with basics: fuse here is the inside box

under hood

and

and..click the images to see them

But now, you say it clicks, so all that I put up may be moot, and it is the switch.

Buick automobiles are manufactured with optional electric power windows, actuated by multiple switch assemblies within the interior. These switches can wear out mechanically or become damaged because of surges or moisture. Most times you will be unable to repair the switches, and so they must be replaced. The average backyard mechanic can replace a Buick window switch in about 10 minutes. Open the hood and disconnect the Buick's battery by turning the positive terminal bolt in a counterclockwise direction with a socket wrench. Move the terminal away from the battery. Open the car door and pry up one side of the window switch assembly, which may be on the door panel itself or on the armrest contour. Gently use a screwdriver if the edges are too tight. The assembly has tabs on the sides that hold it in place, and by prying up one side you free the assembly and can take it out. Disconnect the switch module from the wiring harness by pulling the adapter plug from the rear of the assembly. The switches on some Buicks are attached to the panel section; pull these out of the rear by gently separating them. Replace the switch assembly by sitting it into the panel section, if applicable, then attaching it to the wiring harness by pressing the adapter plug into the rear of the assembly. Place one side of the switch assembly into the door panel or armrest opening, then press firmly until it is seated.

95

Hi David, 3 out 4 windows worked in the car but i checked the 30 amp fuse in the box under the back seat . it was good. i replaced the module and switch in the driver side door still the window did not work. i figured there was a broken wire somewere. wires in the drivers door all were good. so i then checked the wire harness going thru the rubber snorkle into the door, i carefully cut it open to inspect the wires and found a 14 gauge orange wire that had broken in the harness. I repaired the wire and now drivers window works. lookind how much that harness bends when closing the door it is understandable why a wire would break over time. I just want to thank you for your input.

Oh well. that was my best shot. But all's well and for that I am happy for you. Good thinking on your part to to that. Very Good matter of fact.

145

90% of all power problems that happen with the Buick, Pontiac, ect., is the control module in the drivers door held in place by 2 # 10 metric bolts. take the door panel off, unplug the plastic clips from the module that control the windows, mirrors, door locks, and the dash computer system that shuts off the radio when the door is opened. Use a wire tester on each of the connections to see if there is power coming into the various plugs. if so, it is a bad module that you can buy online (e-bay has them listed at around $55). I tried many-many things to figure this situation out, and spend way to much money searching for the solution. Start testing for power coming into the wires, then go from there.

110

do you have to have the same part number for the Driver door module when replaceing on 2002 buick lesabre

100

Mine is a 2001 Buick LeSabre Custom - One day, everything worked perfectly from the driver's switch - all windows and locks. Next morning, nothing works from that switch. All the windows and locks work from each door.. except driver's door. I guess this could still be either the module or master switch.

145

I have had your problems with my 2000. once one went, I replaced all 4 myself. If the only window that is not working is youre drivers window, then it possibly needs a regulator. These are easy to change, and pretty cheap if you do it your self. You can go to you tube to see videos to show you how it's done. or e-mail me back and I will walk you through it. Husker76@aol.com. Jeff

I have power on orange wire