On a trip my car just died on the hwy. When I took it to a mechanic he said I had ran out of oil and the automatic shut down switch had been activated. Oil has been filled up, battery restarted.

Asked by Nov 02, 2013 at 09:03 AM about the 2003 Buick Rendezvous

Light on dash board still reads change engine oil and car
will not start. Please help.

122,865

Does it turn over but not start or not turn over at all? I would disconnect the battery for atleast ten minutes. If the latter I would also check battery voltage. It should be greater than 12 volts. Then tighten and clean all battery connections. Also tighten and clean the negative battery connections on the frame and motor also.

685

Need more info. Could be Plugs and wires. If it is old enough.

10

Check the connection to the battery. Had a similar situation where the bolt connecting the wires to the battery was too short, and the car would just randomly not start. (or the connection may just have become loose.)

105

If you have the system i have, there a reset button to the left of the steering wheel where you reset the, mph, gas used, average speed, miles left on fuel, and an OIL PERCENT USAGE LEFT, here you can reset the oil change to new. It resets the automatic oil change indicator. This is factory set for every 3000 miles. It doesn't know theres new oil and will continue to light until yhis is reset to 0%. Hope this works for you, It did for me.

I just had the same problem bought a new battery and it died in 20 minutes on the highway anyway changed the alternator and changed the engine fuse and it started right up

To all my Buick rendezvous mines is a 03 the best thing you all can invest in because half of the problem we have are easy fix and we all know if you don't have any warranties please invest in the fixed for your car and download the app on your phone and stop letting these shops rob us all

Can someone help me with a problem I'm having on my 03 Buick rendezvous and if I don't run my air conditioning my car smokes from under the hood and there's like water coolant or maybe even oil out of my oil pan but it's like something is leaking on the engine to make it smoke any suggestions are dearly appreciated