what would make my 2005 Buick LeSabre stall while driving down the road?

190

Asked by Mar 19, 2014 at 06:51 PM about the 2005 Buick LeSabre

This has happened randomly 6 times now, once on the freeway, this is a serious safety issue. Dealership finds no problems

232,855

It sure is. Is there a pattern? Say your driving for around 20-30min, then you slow down and it starts acting up and stalls, or is it just random?

190

At first I thought it was the fuel pump, had it tested - ended up replacing it But then it continued to shut off driving down the road and I almost ran into a mailbox. The first few times it wouldn't start back up. But this last time it started right back up. It can happen at any speed. I cannot find a pattern. Could it be the starter module?

30

I have a 2000 buick LeSabre limited and when I first start it up it cuts off before I go 3 miles but then it is fine and runs great. I've had 5 prople try to find the problem but can find nothing. Help!

40

I have a 2001 Lasabre. Was stalling in traffic. 6 months ago Changed the MAF sensor. that fixed that problem. Now the car has been stalling at idle and start right up again. Changed the crank position sensor, seemed good yesterday but this morning felt a short flutter while driving about 20 mph. I'm pretty sure that if I had been stopping at that moment, it would have stalled. If the car didn't get such great gas milage I would get rid of it. My next car may be a restored 1960s or early 70s. The simpler the better. A nice Model A sedan with juice brakes would be great.

110

Make sure you reset or unplug the battery when changing a sensor. Both pos and neg cables. This will reset the computer.. after a 50 miles drive or 100 ignition turn the codes are clears.. if the engine light comes on have the codes checked... i recently went through a stallign problem and replaced everything down to the PCM (brain). car runs fine now.

110

Oh and as for stalling going down the road i would definitely have the wiring harness checked going into the breather located behind the drivers side headlight: if wires are frayed or showing through the tape you must replace or retape this.. This is a common problem.. The PCM or brain to the car will be located in that same container the engine intake air filter is located.

40

I found the problem !!! The rebuilt MAF sensor was defective and while continuing to search for the problem I changed out the PCV and the MAP sensor not realizing that one of these was defective as well. When I installed a NEW ACDELCO MAF sensor and still had a loss of power at highway speed I was eventually led back to the aftermarket MAP/PCV set and replaced them with the original AC DELCO parts an the problem was finally solved. Lesson learned..... USE ONLY GENUINE AC DELCO SENSORS !!!!!!! The aftermarket sensors are CRAP !!!! There is actually much more to my journey to finally found success: I also replaced the throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor, oxygen sensor, coil / ignition module set, spark plugs and wires, crank shaft position sensor and finally out of desperation I changed out the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. This cost me a ton of cash.....and it all goes back to the confusion in the beginning of the process caused by worthless aftermarket sensors !!!!

10

ok so i have seen many reasons my 2000 buick lasabre cuts off when driving and sometimes have a problem starting after driving 30 minutes! No one can seem to find the problem! i need a simple answer!