2006 Buick Lucerne No Crank

30

Asked by GuruLSNHY Apr 09, 2019 at 01:41 PM about the 2006 Buick Lucerne

My parents have a 2006 Buick Lucerne. When you put the key in and turn it to the start position, the engine will not turn over. Other odd things also happened when the no crank began. The trunk won't open, fob won't work ect. We checked all fuses under the backseat and hood. Could it be the BCM or PMM?? FYI, a few years ago the ignition switch was replaced via recall. Any ideas how to get this car running again?

17,010

Make sure battery has a full charge and connections all good. Any applicable trouble codes? In the text below, starter relay operation description. I'll post the starter wiring diagram, if you want it? All I can do is help with testing. Two voltage circuits at the starter motor, one comes from battery, hot all the time. The other circuit goes hot with key in the crank position and relay is energized. Any testing at starter motor make sure transmission is in park or neutral and parking brake is set, make sure vehicle can't move. The starter motor grounds through the engine block. If you think the starter motor might be faulty, you can take it off, lay it on the ground, hook up jumper cables properly from starter motor to battery, at the least, the starter should kick out the drive gear and spin. Just my opinion.

30

Yes, please share the starter wiring diagram. The battery is fully charged and connections are good. I don't have a diagnostic tool to see codes. Would the starter cause issues with the trunk door not opening which coincide with the no crank issue? Could they possibly share the same ground?

17,010

Lucerne cx--3.8L engine, hope it helps. With more than one issue, fixing one problem may or may not fix the other?

140

My 06 won't crank,but all power comes on,lights horn,ect.what can be the problem?

70

Hi there, I'm not a mechanic-just a old girl who owns a fully loaded wonderful old 2006 Lucerne CXL - one time, out of the blue, my car wouldn't start and the fob wouldn't work - it was the oddest thing. Tried new batteries in the fob - nothing. We found a wiring clip connection in the trunk up under the back window curtain to the left side by the speaker that had come loose - we plugged it back together and everything worked?. I don't even know what the heck it controls. Mysteries. Best of Luck

60

Hi my 06 buick lucerne will not start from key or the fob i see where there are recalls with the ignition and electrical could one of them be the reason for my car no longer start up. It was working fine until i disconnected the battery and reconnected it. All lights come on and horn works fine key fob has a new battery it work