burnout...

15

Asked by Jul 26, 2008 at 03:50 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry

i have a 2007 camry
itz a manual transmission...
how do i give a burnout with this??

my friend has a avalon xls 2004
auto transmission...
how do i give a burnout???

35

ok for the camry its pretty, start in first with foot on the clutch and not moving than jus rev the engine to like four five thousand RPM and dump the clutch. meaning let it go really quick after you dump the clutch you can either jus let it go or ripped the e-brake and stand there and do a smoke show. either way dont let off the gas. for the Avalon either be in drive at a stop and jus slam the gas. or the other way is put it in neutral and rev the engine like the camry and than slam it into drive and go from there

75

Ok start with your left foot on the clutch, put it in first, build up the revs aka rpm's to 3 or 4,000 rpm. then let your foot off the clutch. Hope that helps!! Later

30

for the camry, as you are starting to burn the rubber, slowy increase the rpm, so the tires dont catch at all, all engines have their sweet spot to break loose :)

1,025

Well, you typically don't give a burnout. Rev up and dump the clutch. Honestly why do people ask questions like these?

385

Not with an auto, i saw someone try what you said and the whole bottom of his car fell out. no, you just need to put you foot on the gas as hard as possible, then as the tires break traction, give it just enough brake to stop you moving, but too much and you'll stop the tires spinning

15

well u r ryt.... da question iz kinda stupid.... but sum1 here suggested a neutral droop!!! wich kinda surprizes me!!!

1,025

English?

35

those are the closet things u can do to come close to a burnout in a FWD car. those technically arnt burnouts. true burnouts are down with RWD drives and are so much easier. but hey the only stupid question is the one that isnt asked. lol

1,025

Only true burnouts are done in RWD huh? Picture of the car I own, not my actual car.

Drop the clutch,break a axle,rev it up dump the clutch,break a tranny,for the auto rool back or rev engine and slam into gear,same thing break the tranny or break a axle,is it worth it to impress your friends,are they going to help pay for the damage,no they will just stand their and laughf at you.Is it worth it.NO.Just enjoy your ride and treat it right.

255

First off i would not dump the clutch on a camry b/c you can a) glaze your stock organic clutch or b) brake the axles For your friends car never put it in neutral and slam it into drive you will break something. Every automatic car has something called a torque converter... what it does is allows you to rev up your cars engine w/o going anywhere. Put your foot as hard as you can on the brake rev it up to its max (probably 2500 rpm or less) and let the brake go and you will probably get a little peel out but that is the only "safe" way to do it.

1,025

Car IQ deleted the picture.... It was a Caliber SRT4 just roasting the front tires.

175

is there a point to doing a fwd burnout in a camry? Like is that going to impress people? OMG theres someone doing a burnout in a camry lets all watch...now dont get me wrong burnouts are cool and all with the right car....get a better car then have your fun. For now just drive your camry beacuse its really not cool in fact its pathetic to ask that question.

7,855

I.M.O. Burnouts should be for warming up tires on a drag car, otherwise you just look like an idiot. Doubly so with.... Trucks, Econo-cars, Station wagons, SUVs, Vans, Sedans.... And since both the cars you mentioned fall into one of the above categories chances are people who see you burnout are going to think you've got the IQ of a bar of soap. (Basically don't do it unless you have a muscle car, exotic, or a sports car)

205

like everyone said slamming it from neutral to drive in the avalon is a pretty bad idea. My freind dropped the tranny in his grand am doing that. If you really want to burn out in an avalon you can pull the E-brake as far back as you can and give it a ton of gas, still not a good idea but it works by locking the rear wheels and letting the front ones burn. However, i dont know if avalons have hand E-brakes so if not go with the reving it to 2500 rpm and frlooring it and using the barke method.

205

I think you cannot do burnout with a toyota camry and avalon . As they comes as front wheel drive(fwd) as standard. And you can take some advice from a rated workshop to shift fwd to rwd. And doing burnout in manual trans is quiet easy after ur first try. Rev your vehicle in neutral gear up to 4000 rpm. Dip the clutch change the gear to 1st and release the clutch. Best of luck.

35

rip the e brake and dump the clutch out in first gear while pressing brake down and for the avalon hold the brake in and rev it all the way and let the brake out easily and u will do a burnout

yeah and then screw the trans up like that

nope truck burnouts are still real nice

my dad got a 2000 six seater and its a foot e-brake

10

This is just a workaround, but will give you the same effect: Go to the bank and withdraw $2,000. Then get a gluestick and glue the money to the tire around the rim. Finally, use your cigarette lighter to set it all on fire. Then jump in your car, put it in neutral and rev the engine. Same basic effect but you don't have to wait for the repairs to be done!