help to find parts for 1979 hondamatics

Asked by Aug 08, 2011 at 09:21 AM about the 1979 Honda Civic

Just picked up a '79 3 door and hitting dead ends on finding cam shaft, front cross member parts.  Does anyone know of other avenues besides e-bay, this old honda, honda parts online and autoparts warehouse?

335

Wow, this is going to be a hard one to maintain, if you can't find the parts at those sources. I would guess, after 25 years of owning classic and modern Hondas, that you are going to have to start looking nationally online for cars listed for sale and buy them for the parts. By chance, have you checked the dealer? I know, I know, but you might get lucky, at least on the cam. Body parts are prolly only going to be found in a junk yard or by scavenging from other cars.

My dealer can get new cam for an 80 civic EN1 eng code cam is the same as 1200 just a 1300. $400 retail ouch heres my email almarcoux@mymts.net

I had some work done on my 79 Prelude at a place called "Auto Reliance" in Fountain Valley, CA. Their phone is 714-531-7888. It wasn't transmission related, but he was able to track down some engine and carb parts. Sounded like he had at least one pretty good source. BTW - I need body parts for 1979 Prelude - Front Right fender and trim, front bumper, bumper guards, front right marker light. Trim surrounding right front headlight. Right door? Anyway, good luck with your search!

I monkeyed with the cross member and welded it back the crank shaft is fine, after two tries with the guy from Team Automotive in Jacksonville & the cam came from Delta Cam Shafts in Tacoma WA. Also decided to get the Master cylinder (e-bay) and wheel cylinder (local/GR), caliper (NAPA) cause what the heck I only want to rebuild this thing one time! Now I'm really needing the front upper strut mounts - one's ok, getting a little rusty, but the other is gonna fail first. I'm making a safety device for the strut mount so if it fails before I find replacements the strut won't grind thru the pan and smash through the hood I might have to find something that's close and make it work. I'll call AR. Thanks alot for all the feedback. Good luck on tracking down the Prelude parts