water leaking

Asked by Oct 25, 2008 at 02:13 PM about the 1986 Honda Accord

i hit a raised man hole and i have water leaking from the water pump can that happen

i dont see how it could . did anything contact your engine ? like if you hit a bump and its leaking , that doesnt happen .

235

water pumps go just due to wear and tear it would take ahuge hit for anything to even touch the water pump concidering its halfway up the engine

Best Answer

it's possible you either tore a coolant hose or punctured the radiator

2,170

If the water is coming from the pump, most likely from a weep hole indicating normal wear and tear. It's highly unlikely the "hit" contributed at all. Were that the case, you'd more than likely have experienced pulley and drive belt failure before it affected the water pump.

2,170

Based upon his description, your diagnosis is an impossibility. He specifically said it was coming from the water pump.

2,170

Good diagnosis...I agree.

45

pretty soon your car will begin to overheat,so watch out

5

are you sure that pump did not burst? when you hit the man hole?

2,170

Good point!

2,170

HIGHLY UNLIKELY! In order for ANYTHING to contact the water pump, it would first have to, clear the undercarriage and the factory shields installed on ALL HONDAS, get past the CV shaft that is in the way, get past the rack and pinion, get past the harmonic balancer and the lower drive pully assembly on the balancer, clear the serpentine and alternator belts and...THEN CONTACT THE WATER PUMP! Joe, have you EVER worked on a HONDA?...I don't get the impression you have.

this is the first honda ive owned seen a mechanic he has confirmed it is the waterpump due to tear and wear. no pipes or hoses are broken thankyou to everyone for there help.

5

ya i currently own a CB9 92 Honda Accord Wagon EX

2,170

Joe..you're likely a stand up guy, as a Honda mechanic, you are sorely lacking. If you give advise, give GOOD advise or not at all. You'll only create greater problems for the poor guy seeking an answer.