How do you set the clock on the factory clock/radio on a 1989 Thunderbird?

Asked by Oct 17, 2010 at 08:02 PM about the 1989 Ford Thunderbird

at bottom right of radio,you will see hor-min,press and hold to set,they are small round nobs .to set radio,select station press #1 hold down will flash set,do all preset stations this way.

Hello again Papa, Mine does not have small round hour/min buttons on the bottom rt, only small square rew and buttons. Can you tell me if maybe it is different on the clock/radio/ cassette, because that is what I have? Thanks, Brian

ODD,mine is the 89 t-bird sc with the stock radio with cassett,im guessing yours is the lx,should be the same radio.ok,look on left,close to you,see if you see 2 small pin holes,if so you can use a tooth pick paperclip straightened out push in hole and set the clock,top is hour bottom is min.

No luck the only pin holes are to remove the radio. I talk to the previous owners and they don't recall how to set the clock. I don't even have an owners manual, all I can say it is a base model 89 T-bird with the factory clock/radio/casette. Looks like I'm out of luck, any help would be great! Thanks, Brian

IM out of ideas on this one,one thing you can do is to go to an independent raido shop and they can set it for you,not raido shack or anything like them.

Push in volume button and hold. Tune - and + change hours and minutes.

Yep, push in and hold volume knob, use tune buttons - and + to change hours and minutes. Thank you very much. Been pulling my hair trying to set mine. I've got a 1993 t-Bird with stock stereo. Right on,have a great day. Eman.