Should I keep or sell?

15

Asked by Aug 10, 2009 at 04:13 PM about the 1985 Ford Thunderbird

I have this 1985 Ford T-bird. I've owned it since high school 1987 or so. It's been a great car, not used in the past 12 years or so. The car got the back burner with college, kids, work, etc. I've always intended to get a fresh paint job, new motor, etc. It's been stored indoors for most of the time I've owned it. Started it up this summer and it started right up!
My dilema is that I have some other projects around the house to complete. I don't have tons of extra money lying around but I have a hard time thinking about selling it. I went as far as to write an and and take these pics to post on my local criagslist. Went to hit submit and just couldn't do it, tears in my eyes and everything! Silly, since I know it's just a car!
My husband says we should just keep it since I've had it so long, but we'd have to build a small garage for it etc.
Okay so I'm leaving it up to you car gurus! Keep it or Sell it!!?

95

NOOO don't sell it. Keep it. Why not??? Your husband is right its been so long already why not? It obviously has strong sentimental value and you know if you sell it you will always be asking yourself why the rest of your life. ANNDD its the sentimental value not the money because you really won't get alot for it someone would probably buy it for parts. It sounds if you clean it up too and get it going it will be a nice nice ride. Its almost a classic. Let me leave this as saying my grandparents sold their 69 Camaro in 1990 for almost nothing and it bothers them everyday. It even bothers me lol. Just keep it, when its ready to go people are going to point and say remember that car, the memories, I know I even have some regarding those from high school. Don't do it!!!

15

Hello! Thanks for your post. It is a help and I have decided to keep the tbird. It will be fun to take the girlfriends for a cruize when its' done..notice I say WHEN not IF Thanks !