I'm considering selling my 1978 Thunderbird bud don't know how much to ask.

Asked by Sep 08, 2016 at 03:03 PM about the 1978 Ford Thunderbird

It's a 78 Town Landau.  Dove Grey with Dove Grey Vinyl top and velour interior.  I purchased from the original owner.  63,000 original miles.  400 6.6L engine (came from California).  Never been in snow.  Has the rare T-Tops.  All power options, PW/PS/PDL, Quadraphonic 8-track, Air & Cruise.  All options work.  It has burgundy pin stripes and burgundy turbine wheels.  Paint is original and in excellent condition.  So is the interior.

27,535

had one same color...hummmmm..tuff one to call...someone wants it and will give a good price...are you getting/got a new car? trade it in..some dealers have a 10 thousand $ trade in no matter what...but i would put it for sale in some TBIBD CLUBS..

27,165

I'm seeing more and more of these show up at local car meets. Yours looks great. check my profile you'll see I have a 75 Elite for sale, very similar era to yours. They're gaining in popularity, but don't fetch the high $$ prices yet. Hagerty and Hemmings are good places to places ads, you can contact some of the classic car dealers who'll sell on consignment and can display your car in a showroom. If you're on the east coast, and can wait until the Carlisle Ford Nationals event in the spring, that is a great place to unload this era vintage of Ford, and lots of buyers in one spot. Craigslist may not be for everyone, but it is free (outside of SanFran), I have my Elite listed on CL and have been contacted by buyers with a deal pending. Just have to filter out the spammers. CarGurus is another good place to list, and start high for the asking price, you can always negotiate down.

20,005

Run a Ebay action on it for max amount of days I think is ten days with high reserve or buy-it-now only or with both, see what they are willing to pay and if it does not bring your reserve you can still offer second chance offer to all who bid to allow them to buy it at the max bid given I see some on craigslist listed at times $2500-7000. I love them, great cars, drive nice, roomy, easy to work on.

Hey wej1970, are you still considering selling your Thunderbird?