70 Thunderbird rear windows wont roll down.

15

Asked by Apr 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM about the 1970 Ford Thunderbird

My rear windows won't roll down on my 2 door 70 Thunderbird. Please forum explain how to fix or what is causing this to happen. I hear the motor and a clicking sound when pressing window roll down button. Also forum were can I find interior parts for 70 Thunderbird ( door armrest ). Thanks in advance forum.

...see if your battery is older than seven years old...think you are suffering from insufficient amperage...correct this condition by cleaning the negative connection to the chassis/ground the battery terminals and a fresh battery, then the amps can get through~....and the connection to the motor block as well~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFV6vV6CzQw does yours have the suicide doors and landau bars?

15

judge Roy thanks for the response. my battery and cables are all new replaced 2weeks ago. my tbird is 2 door fastback style.

robins egg blue? with the sequential tail-lights...my fave!

Are they motorized? is this a stupid question? how long have you owned 'er?

15

The sequential lights are controlled with relay's. I've had bibi for almost a year and half but just in last six months started to give her the attention she deserves.

6,325

This is a common problem on Fords from that era. You need new motors or the motor gears are stripped out. They wear out after time. The cars from the 60's and 70's weren't made to last as long as they have. now you are using something that probably hasn't been used in a long time or atleast only rarely and they finally gave out. The motor is turning but doesn't have enough power to raise the window anymore or the gear is turning and slipping on the window regulator. Just replace the motor and you'll be fine. You can buy the replacement motors online on Ebay for about $35 each . You'll have to pull the back seat so you can pull out the side panels to access the motors. It's a big job so lube up the regulators where the rollers are with white lithium grease while you have everything apart. You should then be set for life, Good Luck, Kenny/ MrBlueOval.

Best Answer