Where can i find armrests for interior doors on a 1969 thunderbird?

Asked by Aug 18, 2016 at 05:30 PM about the 1969 Ford Thunderbird

293,525

check online places like eBay and hemmings, to see if some pop up for sale.

130

Try Thunderbird Ranch in Wisconsin. John R. Draxler Thunderbird Ranch 7158 Highway B Pittsville, Wisconsin 54466 715-884-6546 from 9 to 8 central time (please)

I agree that John Draxler's runs a great parts business at his T-Bird Ranch that I used many times. Just be careful if you have John restore your car. I did, and I got stung. I took my 65 T-Bird to John Draxler's T-Bird Ranch in Pittsville, WI to be restored. He estimated the job at between $20,000 and $30,000. It eventually ended up costing me $42,758. The car I received back had 28 items undone or done poorly. It would not start or steer, the hood wouldn't close, it had failing brakes, a clogged radiator, some paint chips on the freshly painted car and some restored body panels that did not fit (unforgivable in a restoration), the convertible top would not go up and down, leaks and wiring shorts all over, and lots more. John said we differed on the meaning of the term "restoration." He said I could bring it back to Pittsville, WI from the Chicago area we live in and he would fix all the issues to my satisfaction (almost a quote). We brought it back and when we returned it home and began driving it, we found it had over $3,100 worth of items still not finished, including the original paint chips, that were not visible with the top down. I haven't had the panel repainted yet so this cost is not included in the $3100 we already spent). Everything leaked, oil, trans, power steering pump ,there were shorts in the starter/coil circuits, turns signal/brake light circuits (John had sold me a $600 unit for the sequential turn signals which was a great part, but there were shorts in the wiring in other areas of the circuits). It all showed little respect for me or for the car as a finished drive that could be driven safely and dependably, without looking like a joke. I went to a lawyer who said that since I did not have it in writing, it would be really hard to sue him successfully, though I may still try. John runs a great parts business, I used for years; he is a national expert who gives his advice freely and wisely. Just don't have him restore your car unless you get each detail of every part and necessary service in writing. And have him sign it.