How to fix A/C compressor switch ??

75

Asked by Feb 23, 2011 at 05:11 PM about the 1967 Ford Thunderbird

1967 Thunderbird coupe ... the previous owner installed an on/off switch for the A/C compressor directly below the steering column thru the stainless steel panel ... how to fix this ?? do I trace the wires to the point of connection and disconnect ?? I'm assuming the the in-dash switch was faulty and this was the fix .. I wud like to replace the in-dash switch for proper operation .. wud I then reconnect the in-dash wires to the compressor ?? Anyone please that cud help .. plz advise procedure ... are parts like the A/C in-dash switch and the stainless steel panel below the steering column readily available ?? I am also in need of the emergency flasher indicator attached to the right side of the steering column ... is that part avail as well ?? Thaanx for any assistance on this procedure or parts avail... will be greatly appreciated ... thaanx Dick in RDU

being a 67 u may have to fimd a doner car,dont think theses parts would be avabale today,u could hook to a toggle switch,then the compressor could be bad.