how to. get. access in trunk of 66 tbird when trunk linkage is broke

Asked by Jun 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM about the 1966 Ford Thunderbird

18,360

Don't know about the 66 bird but other vehicles of the area could be opened as follows: Remove the seat and seat back from the back seat. Find yourself a person small enough to squeeze through the small opening once the seat back is removed. Supply a flashlight and medium screwdriver. It can be easily opened from inside. Remember, the trunk lock is to keep people out, not keep them in.

6,475

I agree with the back seat idea. Find a young boy to climb in there and unlatch it, otherwise you'll have to hire a locksmith to make a key for it or fix the lock/latch at about $125.00 an hour. you might be able to find one cheaper if you shop around. A good locksmith should be able to get that trunk open one way or another without messing up your trunk and might be the only way you'll be able to go with this. If it's the convertible that has the backwards opening trunk that the conv. top folds down into, then it might be easier to get at the latching mechanism. Good Luck, Kenny.

335

I went through my back seat. Also I locked my keys in the trunk once before hahaha funny

10

T-Birds from 1967 have a metal wall behind the seats. Can't get in that way. Screwed a hole through the lock and can't get in now at all. Please help!

6,475

With your 67 T-Bird You'll have to drill out the lock with a titanium or cobalt 1/4 inch drill bit then stick a long thin slotted screwdriver into the hole and turn it to unlatch the lock. Then buy a new lock cylinder ( many available on ebay right now) and replace the old drilled out one. Make sure you have a second or third set of keys made right away too and keep them in a secure place where you can easily find them. Good Luck, Kenny/MrBlueOval