I have a 1965 Thunderbird that started and ran two days later I went out to start it and nothing happened lights, horn, inside lights all work but the nothing else does, any suggestions?

20

Asked by Jul 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM about the 1965 Ford Thunderbird

I bought a 1965 T-Bird resently I got it running.  Two days later after changing the oil and
tranmission fluids. Two days later I went out to start the car and there was no power to the
ignition or any of the warning lights.  The following did work, head lights, horn, interior
lights, dash lights, light dimmer etc.  I didn't work or touch any of the wiring that would
cause the problem.

23,505

It sounds like the batty is dead. How old is the battery?

20

I used a battery I just bought cause the car didn't have a battery.

23,505

Have you tried jumping the battery?

20

I forgot to mention I did check all the fuses.

20

Yes I did but didn't make a difference.

23,505

Check your gound cable from your battery and recheck all your work that you did two days ago.

405

Jump the selinoid to see if engine cranks.

4,735

Check the cables at the starter itself. Mine had only 2 strands of cable connecting it. New cable and it starts fine

20

I have a wild *ss thought. Before the car quit starting I was in the trunk cleaning out some of the debry and clean around the sequanial box would it be possible that I may have disturbed a connection in the box causing my problem. Again my problem is not total electrical the flashers, interior light, head lights, brake lights, horn, parking lights all work. What doesn't work are the warning light i.e. seat belt, low fuel, ajar lights and of course the ignition to starter. I realize this isn't an answer just adding to my initial question.

405

Did you check the selinoid at radiator support by battery?Also possible ignition switch burned out at start position.Remove ignition switch & check for continunity with test light.

Hello, I finally got my t bird running and going down the road. I have one more problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. According to the schematics the gauges have a common connection and that would be the constant voltage regulator located behind the speedometer. I replace it but still have the same problem of the temp, fuel and oil pressure gauges all read to the right when the ignitions so turned on. Any ideas of where I can look next?

405

It could be a bad ground for gauges.