I have a 1965 Thunderbird that started and ran two days later I went out to start it and nothing happened lights, horn, inside lights all work but the nothing else does, any suggestions?

20

Asked by Jul 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM about the 1965 Ford Thunderbird

I bought a 1965 T-Bird resently I got it running.  Two days later after changing the oil and
tranmission fluids. Two days later I went out to start the car and there was no power to the
ignition or any of the warning lights.  The following did work, head lights, horn, interior
lights, dash lights, light dimmer etc.  I didn't work or touch any of the wiring that would
cause the problem.

26,685

It sounds like the batty is dead. How old is the battery?

20

I used a battery I just bought cause the car didn't have a battery.

26,685

Have you tried jumping the battery?

20

I forgot to mention I did check all the fuses.

20

Yes I did but didn't make a difference.

26,685

Check your gound cable from your battery and recheck all your work that you did two days ago.

495

Jump the selinoid to see if engine cranks.

5,865

Check the cables at the starter itself. Mine had only 2 strands of cable connecting it. New cable and it starts fine

495

Did you check the selinoid at radiator support by battery?Also possible ignition switch burned out at start position.Remove ignition switch & check for continunity with test light.

Hello, I finally got my t bird running and going down the road. I have one more problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. According to the schematics the gauges have a common connection and that would be the constant voltage regulator located behind the speedometer. I replace it but still have the same problem of the temp, fuel and oil pressure gauges all read to the right when the ignitions so turned on. Any ideas of where I can look next?

495

It could be a bad ground for gauges.