1965 thunderbird hardtop suspension

Asked by May 20, 2015 at 01:19 PM about the 1965 Ford Thunderbird

my 65 t-bird is leaning to the left rear (drivers side). I have replaced all the shocks and the rear leaf springs and it is still leaning. Everything underneath looks solid. Car has 51000 miles on it. Any idea what could be wrong with it and a way to fix it?

115,865

Put it on level ground, measure the distance from ground to frame on the rear in the same spot on each side, then compare the measurements, if the frame to ground are the same, then the body mounts are bad on the low side, if not the same then you will have to check the arch of the springs, it is possible that they are not the same even though they are new. Or you could just put a spring spacer plate on the low side in the amount of the drop. You have made sure the rear end tubes are straight right?

thanks for the help. I will check everything tomorrow and let you know. What are the rear end tubes

what is a good place to buy spring spacer plates because this all new to me? thanks again, Ray

115,865

The tubes are where the axles go down to the pumpkin on the rear differential itself. Some speed shops will have the spacer, some parts stores can order them, if you can't find any then a metal shop can cut you some in the thickness you need.

thanks again for all the help. My car has been sitting for a while, covered with leaves, inside and out, I have been working on it for a year now, but its starting to come together.

505

I had the same problem,& it was a bad L ft coil spring that made the Rt rear higher.