Dash lights on my1965 thunderbird don't work but all of the other lights do work any suggestions thanks

Asked by Apr 21, 2015 at 11:40 PM about the 1965 Ford Thunderbird

4,475

could be the headlight switch has them turned off or the switch no longer works. That is if ALL the dash lights are off. If some work at full brightness and others don't then you have burned out bulbs or bad connections.

5,955

It could be the headlight switch. The dashlights work off of a rheostat which is a spring wire in the switch that gets hot. These tend to burn out over time and were the main cause of dash lights not working back in the 1960's when the switches had this setup. A new switch should solve the problem. This should be available online at MACS antique car parts or Larry's T-Bird parts and AutoKrafters.com. Your local autoparts store probably won't even be able to look it up. A genuine Ford-Motorcraft switch will cost a little more but will last much longer than a generic switch. The above companies should stock the Motrocraft brand switch. Good Luck, Kenny / MrBlueOval