1964 Transmission Filter

5

Asked by Apr 25, 2011 at 01:36 PM about the 1964 Ford Thunderbird

I recently went to change my transmission fluid and when I went to replace the filter, the one I bought doesn't fit. The people at the parts store said they couldn't find a filter like mine in the books, what do I need to use?

if you went to auto zone or advance auto,no wonder you got the wrong filter,and told u they could not find it.go to your local indepent parts store,like napa,they will have it.

5

We had went to an independent parts store and they couldn't find one there but we have a mechanic that was able to clean the old one so we could use it for now. Is there replacements that I can bye for the next time I change the fluids?

yes their has to be,might just be the person behind the counter,next time try another store.