How do I remove ONE of the chrome Roundals on the bumper

335

Asked by Sep 29, 2015 at 11:16 AM about the 1963 Ford Thunderbird

I have slightly damaged the round ( rocket ship)Chrome  back end  on one side of the car that holds the rear light on my 1963 Thunderbird, I caught it on a wall and moved the outside backwards for about 1/2 inch.
I need to know if anyone has had these parts off, the manual shows several screws/bolts but I cant yet see how its held on.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks
neil

108,185

Are these the bolts you are looking to get off? if so I think you need to remove the bumper in order to reach them..

Best Answer Mark helpful
465

Removal of bumper is nessary.

335

Thanks both of you, however I think I may have a late model 1962 Thunderbird as it doesn't have any of those types of fixing you sent me photographs of in the link, . The top of the complete bumper assembly simply "Clicks" on ( rests on the top), then the bottom is pushed in and held with several bolts. I also looked at a video on line "building a 1962 Thunderbird and Lincoln", here you can see the workers clipping and pushing the bottom of the bumper in. For those who have been following my ( now 34 requests) I imported the car ( like a fool I didn't have it checked) and found that dozens of things were wrong or failing ( pop riveted aluminium floor) for example. Now luckily the previous owner hadn't put in those lower bolts so when I caught the rear chrome section on the drive gatepost it simply lifted it out ( two new bolts have now restored the problem. All of you keep responding, every one of the ideas and help on this site have been helpful. Thanks again both of you for responding, Neil London England UK