Brake pipe line diameter/size 1963 thunderbird

335

Asked by Jul 09, 2015 at 09:41 AM about the 1963 Ford Thunderbird

Can anyone help, I need to know the brake pipe diameter size so that I can join and repair a brake pipe of a 1963 Thunderbird ( i.e.  1/8 inch-3/16 etc)

5,245

I don't know the exact size but you're talking BRAKES! Just buy a new line for the full run. I don't recommend splicing these.

Best Answer
335

Thanks Oldtimer This is the best answer. HOWEVER for reasons I cant explain here Ive still got to cut and join those lines, I've obtained a new line kit and master cylinder/ brass fitting etc. and will have to use a few bits from the line kit to complete the job. Macs Autos sell tubing for this year that says its 3/16th so Im guessing that's the tube size Thanks again, for those who been following my 2 year struggle to get this imported car on the road This is probably now the last job, all underneath is new including the floor and trunk area. Every suspension part and differential is new etc. So thanks oldtimer you are right of course ( he's advised me several times previously on other issues.

5,245

Thanks for the "Best Answer" rating. Good luck where ever you are. I understand when you are not in the USA on getting parts as I have 80 M-B 380SL and 67 E-Type Jag also