install Door push Button on 1963 t-bird

10

Asked by Aug 24, 2012 at 02:52 PM about the 1963 Ford Thunderbird

Does anyone have the instructions or tips on replacing the push button on a 1963 T-bird

6,505

If you are going to drive a classic, spring for a factory shop and electrical manual. You are going to have a lot more problems than a door button if you keep it.

10

What do you mean?

6,505

I just meant that owning any classic car is like a boat. A hole to pour money in. I have two Birds and the best investment was the shop manuals. You asked about replacing the push buttons on the door. Did you mean the lock button? it just unscrews and screw the new one on. Or, did you mean the outside door handle?

10

the outside door puch button to open the door

6,505

This will be some work. First remove the inside handles and door panel. Then you can get to the fasteners for the outside handle. Remove it and replace the push button. I have never done this and am just going by the illustrations in my manual. It doesn't talk about just changing the button, only the handle assy. I suggest you take digital photos of each step so you have no problem putting everything back where it started. Good luck.

10

Can you add the illustration to this posting . Thanks for the info

6,505

I got it on the internet but I didn't bookmark the site. sorry. I meant to and was going to include the link with my answer but forgot to mark it. I think if you are at all mechanically minded, you will figure it out as soon as you can see it from the inside of the door. good luck.

10

Thanks