Slow release brake pedal

Asked by Jun 09, 2015 at 07:49 PM about the 1962 Ford Thunderbird

I have replaced both the booster unit and master cylinder. I have carefully adjusted to factory specs the length of the rod from booster to master cyl., as well as lubricated all pivot points on leakage, but my pedal will hang at the bottom with brakes fully locked for a few seconds before it releases and returns to normal position. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

7,445

Does the brake pedal use a return spring, if so it may need to be replaced

Thanks not sure if it uses one but I'll give it a check tomorrow.